The 107 Committee of Les Arts Décoratifs gathers young professionals in New York City through exclusive events in the world of art, design, fashion and jewelry. The 107 Committee strives to broaden the next generation’s appreciation of decorative arts and design, and to involve its members in the Friends of Les Arts Décoratifs’ successful model of supporting the museum.
The 107 Committee’s Program for 2008 The 107 Committee leverages the outstanding reputation and network of Les Arts Décoratifs to provide to its members with unparalleled access to New York’s best arts institutions.
• Opening of the Wrightsman Galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art – private, after-hours tour with the curator of the Decorative Arts Department
• Curated previews at Sotheby’s
• Meetings with selected fashion and product designers
• Meetings with selected artists, including Jeff Koons
• Meetings with selected premium fashion and luxury brands
On an annual basis, the 107 Committee will organize 4 to 5 events in New York, in the spring and in the fall. Members will also enjoy free exclusive access to the Musée des Arts Décoratifs when traveling to Paris.
The 107 Committee reports to the Board of the Museum, which is directed by Mrs. Hélène David-Weill and comprises Mr. Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH, Mr. Pierre-Alexandre Dumas, Artistic Director for Hermès and Mr. Maurice Lévy, CEO of Publicis.
Membership is annual and limited to 50 members for 2008.
The annual fee is set at:
• Committee level: $200 - The Committee level gives members access to all exclusive New York City events, and unlimited access to the Museum when visiting Paris. Membership for couples is at $300. Some private dinner events in NYC or Paris may require additional fees.
• Partner level: $1000 - The Partner level gives all Committee level privileges. Additionally, Board level members benefit from:
- privately curated visits when visiting the Museum in Paris
- 2 dinners at collectors’ residences in New York
- the possibility to join the annual trip to Paris of the Comité International, which involves special events (previous examples: visits of private collections, a dinner at the Elysée Palace etc...)
- a free catalog from an exhibition at the Museum
- invitations to previews in New York by galleries and brands partnering with Les Arts Décoratifs
- an annual meeting in New York with members of the Comité International
The Friends of Les Arts Decoratifs is a New York non profit organization and is an exempt organization under Section 501 [c] 3 of the internal Revenue Code.