Set up in 1980, this documentation center specializes in the history, creation, and technique of posters and advertising, French and foreign, old and contemporary.
The Advertising Documentation Center proposes:
• 4,000 books
• 70 magazines, French and foreign, old and contemporary
• 6,800 monographs on artists in the advertising field (poster designers, graphic artists, illustrators, painters, photographers, producers).
• 250 monographs on advertising agencies, printers, poster publishers (1880-1950)
• 500 theme folders.
Cassettes of the television programs Culture Pub shown on M6 from 1989 to 2004
The media library is open for picture research from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Tuesday to Friday, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. For reproductions please apply to the Photo Library +33 (0)1 44 55 57 76.
The Multimedia Area
When the Musée de la Publicité was set up, a multimedia area was opened to the public.
• 12 workstations give access to the database managing the collections.
• 27,000 works (posters, films and advertising objects) are presented with a description and a digital reproduction
The database is growing steadily and will eventually present the entire collection.